Jason Lorber, President and Founder
MBA, Stanford University
BA, Universitiy of California at Berkeley
- Consulting – President and Founder of Aplomb Consulting, a firm that strengthens dozens of Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and government agencies. [1997-to-present]
- Legislation – State Representative in Vermont Legislature for four elected terms, with a focus in economic development, prison alternatives, benefit corporations, and farm-to-plate legislation. Named legislator of the year by two different statewide organizations. [2005-2012]
- Nonprofit Service – Serve on several statewide, regional, and local boards including the American Red Cross (VT, NH, and ME), Vermont Arts Council, and STOP AIDS Project, among others, and provide paid counsel to dozens of nonprofits. [1995-to-present]
- Client Work: Hewlett-Packard, Vermont Sustainable Housing Initiative, Vermont CARES, Amfar, Vermont State Treasurer’s Office, Centers for Disease Control, CVOEO, Davis Studio, Vermont Bar Association, Nationwide Insurance, Champlain College, and dozens of others.
- Strategy – Strategic plans with a keen eye toward successful implementation.
- Marketing Communications – Successful PR and media campaigns, including creation of message, original content, press releases, media tours, ghostwritten articles, and social marketing.
- Policy – Original research that shapes policy, initiates action, and creates visibility. Topics have included renewable energy, prison overcrowding, and GLBT issues that earned nationwide recognition from the New York Times, Business Week, and the Wall Street Journal.
- Organizational Development – Form strong teams by addressing group-dynamic challenges, building individual and team skills sets, fostering diversity and inclusion, and articulating overarching goals and strategic plans to achieve company and divisional deliverables.
- Public Speaking Trainings – Conduct one-on-one and team trainings.
- Capacity Building & Technical Assistance – Strengthen dozens of nonprofit organizations.
- Business Development – Generate revenues in excess of $1,000,000 among corporate, nonprofit, and governmental clients.